Workshop: U / X / D: The Intersections and Overlaps of Users, Experience, and Design
AIGA MN and UXPA-MN are pleased to present a full-day workshop exploring the overlaps, commonalities, intersections, and divergences between User Experience and Design. We will present viewpoints from designers and UX practitioners who work independently, in small creative firms, in medium-sized technical groups, and for some of the largest corporations in the world.
Food and drink will be available.
8:30 am – 9am: Breakfast and gathering
9am – 12:00: Speakers
Noon – 1:00 pm: Lunch
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Workshop, activities, and closing
UXPA or AIGA Members: $60
General Public: $90
Morning Panels: paired speakers combining UX, design and related fields
Afternoon: a hands-on, lo-fi prototyping workshop where we explore the collaboration and intersection between UX and Design.
Our presentation topics will include:
- UX to Design: How do they overlap? Where do they diverge?
- Who’s who and who does what: the overlap of skills, roles, and areas of expertise
- UX to Design Collaboration: How do you hand off between individuals?
- How do content strategy, UX and design all converge?
- “Full-Stack” UX: What does it mean when you are asked to do it all – from Strategy to UX to Design to Front-End
- And more
Location & Directions
Minneapolis Central Library
300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Parking is located underground at the library; the entrance is on 4th St. Parking on Saturdays is $5.00 all day.
Handicapped spaces are available on each level near the elevators.
If you need assistance finding the location or getting in the door the day of the event, please call: Margaret at (612) 865-4379.